Category: Home Improvement
Why do only four walls in the room get all the attention, when there is one right above your head just waiting for you to express your style?
Designers sometimes refers to the ceiling as the fifth wall and if you think about it, it really is! When it comes to decorating the fifth wall, only your imagination is the limit. Here are some great ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Silver shine. If you want a touch of metal in your room, a chandelier could satisfy that, but if you want to up the luxury scale, think about using silver leaf on your ceiling to make your living room or bedroom the perfect example of elegance.
- Board it up. The combination of blue painted boards on the ceiling and white cabinets creates a beach-chic cool vibe. Two chairs covered in blue and white upholstery complement to tie all the elements together.
- Tease with tin. In addition to adding style and texture of great vintage, tin tiles on the ceiling offer a stunning shimmer effect that acts like a mirror, allowing a sense of open space. Combine with a stylish contemporary Ceiling Rose to get the full effect. Get your Ceiling Rose at a site like Creative Cables.
- Stylish stripes. Lines painted on the wall can be interesting, but when painted on the ceiling they are sure to demand attention.
- Ravishing wallpaper. Golden ceiling fixtures looked incredible in the living room as an elegant showstopper but putting a silk wallpaper up to set it off means people won’t be able to keep their eyes off it.