The office setting has always been a place of drama and high comedy. Much like what we experience ourselves it seems to be the perfect place for “all human life” to be set. As it’s the reality for most of us you’d certainly expect that to be the case. Here are some of the best examples from Television. If your office needs sourcing up or you are moving then Gloucester Office Furniture firm Severn Furnishing is the place for you.
- The Office. You couldn’t start without this famous example of the art. The Office, a creation by Ricky Gervias and Stephen Merchant was based on their real life experiences. It has a kind of fly on the wall documentary feel where there was a least one character that we could recognise and relate to.
- The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. Reggies office is where he, and we, feel the most pain. It’s also where some of the moments high comedy occur at Sunshine Desserts along with that of his tyrannical boss CJ.
- The IT crowd. Though they rarely leave their underground office domain Moss, Jen and Roy were called upon to enter the world of the upper management to be grilled by the formidable Chris Morris and the slightly less threatening but still quietly menacing, Matt Berry.
- Mad Men. John Hamm’s Don Draper brought the cut and thrust world of the 1960’s advertising into our living room and he had a wonderfully stylish and well stocked corner office to do it in.
- The Crown. Queen Elizabeth’s office. Whilst some of the facts might be debated nothing detracts from the Queens opulent office and the way she still turns over the official papers to get to the ones at the bottom first just like Winston Churchill advised her to do.