Category: Home Improvement
Your boiler is one of the hardest working appliances in your home as it helps to keep your home environment nice and warm and also supply you with hot water for your bath, shower and your taps. In order for it to function effectively, it should be serviced by a Boiler Service Cheltenham company such as HPR once a year.
It is important that any engineer that you use is gas safe registered to ensure that they can carry out the service in a safe and efficient manner. During the boiler service, there will be a number of areas that will be checked and visual checks that will be undertaken and these can include:
- Checking for any areas of wear and tear and parts of the boiler that may be leaking or corroded and rusty.
- Looking at the electrical parts of the boiler to ensure that they are working correctly.
- Checking the controls work well and that there are no issues with their functions.
- They will ignite the boiler and check that it lits and runs correctly and that there is no evidence of the boiler struggling to work or making strange noises.
- The gas rate will be checked to ensure that the volume of gas being supplied to the boiler is correct.
- Analysis of the flue gas will be undertaken to check that they are within safe limits.
- A number of other safety checks will be undertaken before the service can be signed off.