Category: Home Improvement
Conserving energy in your home by making it more energy-efficient is one of the many ways you can help prevent climate change. Living an eco-friendly lifestyle can include a number of different habits such as reducing plastic waste, recycling more, and saving water by using your bathwater to water plants for example. Read on to find out a number of ways you can make your house more energy efficient.
- The first way you can increase the energy efficiency of your home is by using a renewable energy provider such as Bulb, or Octopus energy. These energy providers use sustainable and 100% renewable energy which is a great step towards reducing the use of fossil fuels and the amount of greenhouse gasses.
- Next, a simple habit you can get into can be to always switch off the lights when you leave a room. It is one of the easiest ways you can save electricity.
- Insulating your home is another proven and effective way of increasing energy efficiency in your home. If you don’t already have it, make sure to get double glazing so that you can retain the heat in your house, therefore decreasing the amount you use the heating. For Tewkesbury Double Glazing, visit www.firmfix.co.uk/.
- When you do use the heating, however, make sure to move any soft furnishings away from the radiators, and buy some heat reflecting panels to put behind the radiators. This will ensure no heat or energy is being wasted.
- Lastly, make sure to use LED light bulbs instead of the traditional standard ones, as they are more energy efficient.